The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the position of:
R&D Position (F/M) in Polymer Processing (80-100%)
The Plastics Innovation Competence Center (www.PICC.center) is a multi-disciplinary, one-stop industrial R&I center for short- and long-term innovation in science and technology. Focusing on the processing, product design, and after-use circularity of polymeric materials, the PICC brings together academics and industrialists to develop sustainable solutions for a zero-carbon economy. As part of the School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg, Switzerland (HEIA-FR), the PICC is able to draw on the expertise of multiple industry-leading applied research institutes. Our unique approach combines groundbreaking trans-disciplinary R&I with closely-tailored problem solving.
Mission and Scope of Activities
The PICC is looking for a physical chemist or materials scientist with experience in the area of polymer processing. Our focus on process and product development for bio-based thermoplastics entails working on polymer characterization, processing optimization and product prototype development. You will join a team of polymer chemists and application development experts collaborating in the context of a broad, multi-year Innosuisse project. Experimental work is carried out at the HEIA-FR’s BlueFACTORY facilities in Fribourg, Switzerland.
- MSc or preferably PhD;
- Prior laboratory experience using polymer characterization equipment (rheometer, MFI, thermal analysis, mechanical properties testing);
- Knowledge of polymer processing methods (extrusion and injection molding) along with some practical experience;
- A good understanding of polymer rheology, polymer characterization and polymer processing in relation to the performance needs of specific applications;
- Fluency in English is required (spoken and written C1-C2); French and/or German fluency is a plus;
- Good communication skills and willingness to work as part of an international team;
- Willingness to reside in Switzerland.
- Fixed-term employment contract: 12 months with possible extension
Interested? Send in your complete application by clicking on the Apply («Postuler») button below.
Director of the Plastics Innovation Competence Center
+41 26 429 68 28
1 March 2022
31. Januar 2022
Die HTA-FR vertritt eine Anstellungspolitik der Chancengleichheit.