High voltage testing
Electrical and thermal networks
October 2019 - September 2019
Several high voltage tests on electrical power transmission equipment and railway systems or components to determine the operational strength are carried on. Material dielectric testing as characterisation are also provided.
In this laboratory, the following tests on electrical power transmission equipment and railway systems or components to determine the operational strength are carried out:
• Lightning and switching impulse voltage
• Alternating voltage
• Direct-current voltage
• Surge current
These tests can be carried out according to international or European standards or according to customer specific requirements.
The following test methods are also available for diagnostic purposes:
• Loss factor measurement
• Insulation resistance measurement
• Partial discharge measurement
Material dielectric testing as characterisation are also provided:
• Investigation of dielectric breakdown strength for solid or liquid dielectric materials
• Investigation of dielectric permittivity and the dielectric losses (tan D) for solid insulating materials (5 µHz up to 50 MHz)
• Investigation of electrical volumetric or surface resistivity (conductivity) of solid insulating materials
• Investigation of the ageing behavior of solid or liquid dielectric materials.