The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the Uni- versity of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual and trilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the position of:
Chemist / Chemical Engineer in the Field of Environmental Nanotechnology (80 %)
The Institute of Chemical Technology (ChemTech, chemtech.heia-fr.ch) at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland has core activities in applied and industrial chemistry, in particular, fine and specialty chemistry including nanomaterials, process automation, and environmentally benign production. In collaboration with the Adolphe Merkle Institute (AMI, www.ami.swiss) we have an opening for a project in the pre-seed phase that focuses on high-risk research on the industrial production of nano-agrochemicals with the purpose to reduce pesticide pollution in the environment. We are searching for a highly motivated candidate to be a part of a dynamic research team that develops and up-scales a nanoparticle manufacturing process. The position offers an excellent opportunity to directly participate in an exciting and fast-paced field of research, with a direct link to entrepreneurship.
Mission and Scope of Activities
- Scale-up of nanoparticle synthesis including process optimization and downstream processing
- Work in the kilo lab and production of nanoparticles on 100 L-scale
- Process analytics and characterization of nanoparticles
- Process safety evaluations
- Close collaboration with the project team and members of the Institute ChemTech and AMI is expected.
The position at the Institute ChemTech offers highly competitive working conditions, an outstanding infrastructure, and the opportunity to collaborate within the National Center of Competence in Research “Bio-inspired Materials” at the Adolphe Merkle Institute.
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree, Ph.D. degree, or equivalent in chemistry or chemical engineering science, or any other related science
- Experience in nanomaterial synthesis is a big plus
- Wish to pursue interdisciplinary R&D and interest in collaborating in pre-seed entrepreneurial activities
- Ambition, persistence, and the ability to work and think independently are essential requirements
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral), French is a plus
Dr. Fabienne Schwab, Senior Scientist: email@example.com
Prof. Roger Marti, Full Professor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job starting date
July / August 2020 or to be agreed
31 January 2020
The HES-SO//FR is committed to an equal opportunity recruitment policy.