The school of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual and trilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the position of :
Head of the Institute for Applied Plastics Research / Professor in Plastics Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering of the School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR) offers a practice-based engineering education with a specialization in plastics processing. The institute for Applied Plastics Research (iRAP) leads research and development activities in this field. iRAP collaborates with the Plastics Innovation Competence Center (PICC), an interdisciplinary research center of several HEIA-FR institutes, focused on bringing together chemistry, plastics processing, product design, data analytics and materials modelling to bridge the gap between academia and the plastics industry.
Mission and Scope of Activities
As a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, the Head of iRAP will:
- Lead the research and development activities of the institute in collaboration with the institute board
- Ensure a good engagement of the iRAP institute in the Plastics Innovation Competence Center, and foster close collaboration with other HEIA-FR institutes
- Coordinate actions that have an impact on teaching or infrastructure with the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Teach Bachelor and Master students plastics processing, materials science, and plastics part design
- Propose, set -up and lead research projects to address industrial challenges
- Propose, set -up and participate in research programs (local, national, European, international) with leading Swiss and European universities and industry
- PhD or Master in mechanical engineering or material sciences
- 5-10 years industrial experience in the plastics industry, in particular in the field of plastics processing
- Ambition to translate industry challenges into sustainable solutions
- Interest in teaching and in student supervision in labs or projects
- Experience with research funding, project and human resource management
- Fluency (spoken and written) in English and French and/or German
Interested ? Send in your complete application by clicking on the apply "Postuler" button below.
Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering
+41 26 429 66 58
Job starting date
June 2020 or to be agreed
5 April 2020
The HES-SO//FR is committed to an equal opportunity recruitment policy.