The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the Uni- versity of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual and trilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the position of:
Junior Additive Manufacturing Engineer (80-100%)
Mission and Scope of Activities
iPrint is a research institute for digital printing and coating with a clear focus on inkjet technology. It is part of the School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member of the University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland (HES-SO).
With a team of 30 persons, iPrint offers applied research to national and international industry partners in applications where inkjet is involved such as: digital printing, printing for electronics, coating and additive manufacturing. iPrint is also the worldwide leader in practical inkjet training. To support our research teams, we are seeking for a junior additive manufacturing engineer.
- Research printer development, assembly and commissioning (30%)
- Research in the lab (50%)
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of the platforms (20%)
- Bachelor or master in mechatronics, microtechnology, material science or equivalent
- 0-2 years’ experience in AM process lab
- Ideally you have expertise in additive manufacturing methods, more precisely in inkjet printing, material jetting or binder jetting
- Ideally, you have been in contact with an industrial inkjet printing and/or AM environment
- passionate about additive manufacturing and looking forward to contribute to advanced processes
- You are familiar with Matlab and PLC programming,
- You are at ease with one CAD software such as NX or Inventor
- You are a creative practical person, willing to do hands-on work
- Fluent in English is mandatory, German and/or French is an advantage
Fixed-term employment contract: 1 year, renewable.
Interested? Send in your complete application by clicking on the Apply («Postuler») button below.
Co-director of iPrint Institute
026 429 68 27
Job starting date
Immediately or to be agreed
16 May 2021
The HES-SO//FR is committed to an equal opportunity recruitment policy.