The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the position of:
R&D Position (M/F) in Plastics Material Modelling (60-70%)
The Plastics Innovation Competence Center (PICC) (www.PICC.center) is a multi-disciplinary, one-stop industrial R&D center for short- and long-term science and technology developments in the field of plastics. It is a hub where academics and industrialists come together to address challenges in plastics material development, processing, and product design using innovative approaches. Combining tailored problem-solving with breakthrough R&D based on the latest modeling and processing technologies, our work focuses on the position in the circular economy of both conventional plastics and novel, nature-inspired, synthetic organic materials. The PICC is part of the School of Engineering and Architecture (HEIA- FR) in Fribourg (CH) and integrates the plastics-related R&D activities of multiple institutes (Chemtec, iRAP, iCo- Sys, iTEC), (https://recherche.heia-fr.ch/EN/Pages/home.aspx).
Mission and Scope of Activities
The PICC is looking to fill an R&D position in the context of a Horizon 2020 project on multi-scale plastics material modelling. The key objectives of the project are to develop multi-scale integration of discrete and continuum models on a cloud-based platform, and to validate the predictive capacity of multi-scale modelling using experimental data. The candidate must be able to perform in an international work environment and to communicate efficiently with project partners. In addition, the candidate will participate in the setting up of additional R&D projects and larger consortia programs in collaboration with industry partners. The key responsibilities are:
- To perform continuum and discrete modelling using academic and commercial software products;
- To closely work with project partners and ensure effective communication;
- To set up complementing R&D projects in the field of material modelling.
- Familiarity with polymer material modelling (e.g., Moldflow and LAMMPS) and model use at the discrete and continuum levels;
- A strong interest in applied R&D in collaboration with industry;
- Good understanding of polymer physics, polymer processing and associated materials sciences;
- English fluency (spoken C1-2 and written C1-2). French or German is a plus;
- Good communication skills and willingness to work in an international team;
- Ideally, the candidate will have experience with writing research funding proposals (InnoSuisse, H2020, …).
Fixed-term employment contract: 18 months at 60-70%
Interested ? Send in your complete application by clicking on the Apply («Postuler») button below.
026 429 68 28
Job starting date
Immediately or to be agreed
31 July 2021
The HES-SO//FR is committed to an equal opportunity recruitment policy.