The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. On behalf of its ENERGY Institute, the HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the position of:
UAS Academic Associate In Network Engineering
Mission and Scope of Activities
- Carry out studies of energy projects in collaboration with the EPFL and industrial partners in the domain of urban network optimization
- Develop and deliver prediction models and tools for performance monitoring and optimization of urban networks; validate these models through studies and analysis of real data from network operators
- Lead the development of a modeling and simulation platform for integrated multisource heating networks (Project ADVENS)
- Teaching duties in the field of thermodynamics and supervision of Bachelor’s and Master’s thesis projects.
- Master’s degree or PhD in mechanical engineering and/or engineering with a specialization in thermal energy, or an equivalent degree
- Experience in the fields of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Proven experience in modeling, simulation and experimental validation of energy systems
- Advanced mastery of programming in C++, MATLAB and Python
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
- Advanced English proficiency (written and oral) and working knowledge of French.
- 1-year fixed-term employment contract, renewable
- Activity rate: 80 to 100%
Interested? Send in your complete application by clicking on the Apply («Postuler») button below.