The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the Uni- versity of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual and trilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the position of:
Chemist in the Field of Synthesis & Materials (80-100%)
The Institute of Chemical Technology (ChemTech, chemtech.heia-fr.ch) at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland has core activities in applied and industrial chemistry, in particular, fine and specialty chemistry including materials and polymers, process automation, and environmentally benign production. We have an opening for a project that focuses on research on development of novel antimicrobial (bio)materials.
We are searching for a highly motivated candidate to be a part of a dynamic research team. The position offers an excellent opportunity to directly participate in an exciting and fast-paced field of research.
Mission and Scope of Activities
- Synthesis and modification of (bio)materials including process understanding & optimization
- Process analytics and characterization of (bio)materials
- Close collaboration with the project team and members of the institute ChemTech is expected
The position at the institute ChemTech offers highly competitive working conditions, an outstanding infrastructure.
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree, Ph.D. degree, or equivalent in chemistry, or any other related science
- Experience in (bio)material synthesis and modification is a big plus
- Wish to pursue interdisciplinary R&D and interest in collaborating in entrepreneurial activities
- Ambition, persistence, and the ability to work and think independently are essential requirements
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral), French is a plus
Fixed-term employment contract: 12 months
Interested ? Send in your complete application (CV and motivation letter) by clicking on the Apply («Postuler») button below.
Entrée en fonction
immediately or to be agreed
Délai de postulation :
27 septembre 2020
La HES-SO//FR adopte une politique de recrutement en faveur de l’égalité des chances.