The School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR), a member institution of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), offers bilingual study programs at the BA and MA levels. The HEIA-FR invites applications to fill the position of:
Inkjet applicaton engineer (80-100%)
iPrint is a research institute for digital printing and coating with a focus on inkjet technology. It is part of the School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg, which is a member institution of the University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland (HES-SO). With a team of 30 researchers and staff, iPrint does applied research for national and international industry partners in inkjet applications such as digital printing, printing for electronics, coating, and additive manufacturing. iPrint is also the worldwide leader in practical inkjet training.
We are looking for an experienced specialist in inkjet printhead technology, test setup and evaluation who can provide support to our research teams and develop our technology transfer mission. This role is at the interface between research collaborators and industrial experts, and requires significant experience in printing tests and evaluations (quality). You will carry out industry-related print tests and studies, while also providing training, consulting and assistance to iPrint’s researchers, using your industrial experience to obtain high print quality results.
Scope of activities
- Support internal research engineers in everyday problem-solving related to inkjet printing / Advise research staff on inkjet print heads and industrial inkjet process-related topics / Research in the lab (40%)
- Perform routine printing and drop watching tasks related to industrial projects / Report results to industrial partners (20%)
- Provide support in infrastructure and laboratory management / Provide support in platform design to improve processes and components / Commissioning of research platforms (20%)
- Identify key improvements for inkjet platforms / Project management for high-TRL B2B projects / Support PMs in making quotes for printing tests / Presentations at national and international conferences (20%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/level of expertise
- Extensive professional experience after obtaining a university degree
- At least 5 years of operational and practical experience in the field of industrial inkjet printing, especially in inkjet printhead evaluation, drop watching, printing test evaluation, ink supply systems, and printer electronics
- Proven experience in the proper setup of printing systems and in defining and evaluating test parameters and procedures
- Proven experience in systematic printing problem solving
- Well-developed skills in drop watching and waveform tuning
- Teamwork skills and ability to train junior engineers in the field of inkjet printing
- Proven PM skills for direct customer contact
- You are a creative and practical person, willing to do hands-on work
- English proficiency is mandatory, German or French is an advantage
Fixed-term employment contract: 2 years
Interested ? Send in your complete application by clicking on the Apply («Postuler») button below.
Co-director of iPrint Institute
026 429 68 27
Entrée en fonction
1st October 2021 or to be agreed
Délai de postulation :
20 août 2021
La HES-SO//FR adopte une politique de recrutement en faveur de l’égalité des chances.