1st International Conference on Greenering
1st GREENERING International Conference is a joint organization between HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland – School of Engineering and Architecture Fribourg (HEIA-FR) and VALORIZA Research Centre, Polytechnic Institute of Portalegre (Portugal), framed in the GREENERING COST Action (CA18224). Its objective is to join academics, researchers and companies in an international forum to promote industrial application of green chemistry and sustainable technologies into industries, with environmental, innovation, economic and policy aspects in focus.
We intend to consolidate a multidisciplinary network actively involved in green technologies and sustainable development to create an area of exchange between academic institution and companies, which are active in the field of “Green Chemistry”. To achieve this goal, the conference will focus on various objectives:
- Promoting contact and cooperation between academia and industry;
- Determine the causes of failure of implementation of “green” processes from the industrial point of view;
- Assess the field of opportunities for the improvement of industrial processes through the implementation of the more efficient and sustainable pathway;
- Translate the scientific outputs into innovation to boost technology transfer from universities to industry;
- Evaluation of new tools and processes for their smooth translation or scale-up to the industry.
The 3-day conference will be hosted by DES Solutio, a spin-off of Universidade Nova de Lisboa. The event will take place in Lisbon, Portugal, between 15 and 17 of February of 2021.
Green Chemical Engineering Network towards upscaling sustainable processes (CA18224) – GREENERING, is a project (Action) funded by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology).
The objective of GREENERING COST action is to promote and boost the industrial application of green chemistry and sustainable technologies, developing the tools for the scale-up and implementation of emerging processes into the industry.