Thanks to its in-depth experience in the field of reliability of intelligent systems, the iSIS institute can offer unique services for the functional safety and certification of complex systems in the automotive, aviation, rail transport and power generation industries.
Research focus areas
The iSIS institute covers the entire process chain from data acquisition to complete IT systems. It is the ideal partner for the development of safe, intelligent and reliable systems for a wide range of industrial applications.
Automated and integrated mobility
- Innovative and ergonomic interdisciplinary solutions (Human-Machine Interaction) in the field of automated transport and mobility - in cooperation with SwissMoves
Security and reliability of systems
- Efficient protection for critical infrastructure
- Cybersecurity OT and IT
- In-the-loop design using Model Based Engineering (MBE)
Embedded and interactive systems
- Hardware and software development for low-power and distributed embedded systems
- Development of interactive systems in the fields of automated mobility, e-learning and e-commerce
Services and support
- Development of embedded systems (hardware and software) and consulting
- Design of electronic systems (PCB), including the prototyping and assembly of electronic boards
- Repair of electronic boards (including assembly and dismantling of BGA components)
- Analysis of weaknesses in electronic and IT systems (hardware and software)
- Machine and equipment safety analyses
- Network and access interface analyses
The iSIS institute has state-of-the-art facilities featuring cybersecurity tools, next-generation equipment for network modeling and analysis, an XIL laboratory, a construction office for the development and production of different kinds of FPGA-based platforms, and modern processors.