Are you passionate about science and technology? The Tech & Engineering Swiss Summer Camp at the School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR) is made for you!
Experience hands-on and immersive learning in the fascinating world of engineering, applied research, and development in Switzerland. You will work on exciting projects, meet industry professionals, and explore the latest technologies and trends in engineering.
This summer camp will offer you the opportunity to develop your skills, make new friends, and prepare yourself for your academic and professional future.
The camp will be proposed in English or in French. It is up to you to choose!
1-8 July 2024
8-15 July 2024
School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg
Bd de Pérolles 80, 1700 Fribourg
During the Tech&Engineering Swiss Summer Camp, you will:
- Have a unique blend of technical learning, problem-solving, teamwork, personal growth and exposure to various fields of engineering
- Be prepared for future educational and career opportunities in engineering and technology
- Learn to work effectively in groups, improving your communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Complete projects and challenges in a fun and supportive environment
- Enjoy evenings and social activities to help you make the most of your time in Switzerland.
During your stay, the program will be filled with:
How to apply
Participants must complete the following online registration form
And submit the following documents:
- A copy of the participant’s identity card or passport
- A transcript of the most recent school or college grades (last year prior to the program date)
- A motivation letter
- Proof of an English/French language qualification, if English/French is not your native language or if English/French is not the language in which you are taught at school.
If the participant is not sure about the required language level, a clarification email may be requested at email@example.com
Please note that admissions will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis due to limited available places.
- The application will be reviewed. If the application is successful, the participant will receive a conditional offer
- Additional supporting documents will have to be uploaded within 7 days.
- The uploaded documents will be checked by HEIA-FR within 7 days.
- If all necessary criteria are met, an unconditional offer will be sent. In order to confirm the student’s place, a full payment of 2’700 CHF will need to be made within 7 days. In case of non-payment within the required timeframe, your spot will be allocated to a participant on the waiting list.
Eligibility and acceptance shall be based on the following:
- Participants must be 16 or 17 years old with a keen interest in engineering.
- Good Academic ability based on the academic grades of the year preceding the start of the program.
- Language skills (strong English language skills if the English program is chosen, and strong French language skills if the French program is chosen)
The total fees of the ‘Tech & Engineering Swiss Summer Camp’ are 2’700 CHF.
The cost of the residential program (2’700 CHF) will cover:
- Course material: all necessary building materials, lab supplies, and protective equipment for hands-on engineering projects
- Masterclasses, conferences, lectures: engaging and informative sessions led by experts
- School facilities: access to sports halls, classrooms and catering facilities
- Nearby accommodation (hotels or student residence), ensuring a convenient and immersive stay during the summer camp
- On-site Wi-Fi: reliable internet connectivity to support research, communication, and online learning
- Three freshly prepared meals and an afternoon snack are provided each day.
- T-shirts/hoodies and gadgets
- Social activities
- Transportation only during the camp program and with respect to the camp schedule and program
- Certificate of participation
The following are not included in the residential program fee:
- Travel: Domestic or international travel to or from Fribourg at the beginning and end of the program
- Medical/dental and accident insurance for participants
- Visa costs: any associated costs, such as visa application fees for international participants requiring visas to attend the summer camp
- Spending money: participants should bring their own spending money for personal expenses (e.g. souvenirs).
- Stationery: Personal stationery items required for note-taking and other tasks during the camp
- Laundry arrangements are not available during the camp
- Additional food and snacks: any extra food or snacks outside of the provided meals are not included.